1. ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Musical Association ClassicAllMusic with the contribution of the City of Sogliano al Rubicone Department of Culture organises the: 18th International Competition “Luigi Zanuccoli” for Young Musicians. The aim is to identify and promote young musical talents, encourage international cultural exchanges, promote classical music and introduce people to the historic town of Sogliano al Rubicone.
2. COMPETITION DATES
The competition will take place in the city of Sogliano al Rubicone at the “Elisabetta Turroni” Theatre from the 21th May – 2nd June 2020. The competition is open to all nationalities.
Prizewinners’ Concert 2nd June at 17:00
N.B. These are provisional dates for the sections. If we have an unexpectedly high number of applications for certain sections, there might be slight changes to these dates. However, this will be confirmed shortly after the deadline of application.
- All competitors must provide a copy of their music for the jury and one copy for the official accompanist (if applicable)
- Competitors must check the “Calendar 2020” page on this website to find information about their individual audition date and time (this will be made available online after the 11th May, 2020)
- On the day of your audition, please arrive at least 30 minutes before your audition/rehearsal time.
- Please note that there is limited space for practise/warming up.
- The results will be announced to the participants at the end of all auditions at the venue
- All auditions are public and everyone is welcome to watch
- Please check the website regularly for any news, updates and changes during the competition
5. COMPETITION TRANSPORT
Sogliano is a small town in the middle of the Italian countryside. There are few public transport options. Therefore, the organisation will provide a free Competition Shuttle service throughout the entire duration of the competition. The shuttle will provide transport between Sogliano and Savignano sul Rubicone and Cesena train stations. Specific shuttle times will be published on the competition website from the 15th of May 2020.
The jury will be composed of international musicians and other industry professionals. Members of the jury who have had a teaching relationship with the participant must refrain from voting for such competitors. The decision of the jury is final and they can decide to stop or cut short the pieces presented. They have the right to also withhold prizes if they feel the necessary standard was not met during the competition.
Foreign participants who are outside the EU should check if they require a visa to enter Italy. It they do, the competition can provide an official invitation letter for the visa application. Please send an email to the organisation requesting an invitation letter with the following information: copy of passport, current residential address and contact telephone number. This is required for ALL people who require a visa to travel to Italy.
8. WINNERS’ CONCERT and PHOTOGRAPHS/RECORDINGS
- All first prize winners (except from sections III – SMIM e LICEI and Special Section: Opera Singing) must be available to perform in a final awards concert on the 2nd of June 2020 at 5pm at the “Elisabetta Turroni” Theatre.
- ClassicAllMusic have the ownership and rights to record and photograph the performances of the competitors throughout the competition and participants will not be reimbursed for their use.
9. GENERAL REGULATIONS
- Candidates may participate in multiple sections in the competition.
- Candidates may choose to participate in an age category that is higher if they wish. However, they can only participate in one age group in each section.
- Participants must stick to the maximum timing for their programmes. The jury reserves the right to stop a performance whenever they wish.
- The application fees for the competition includes the obligatory membership fees to the Association. Fees are non-refundable unless the section/category is cancelled.
- A minimum number of participants must be reached for sections/categories to take place. If this number is not reached, the section/category will be cancelled and all application fees refunded.
10. APPLICATION PROCESS
The Application form must be submitted ONLINE no later than Monday 4th May 2020
In addition to the application form, the following must be included:
- copy of ID with photo and date of birth of the participant (for example, passport)
- confirmation of bank transfer of the application and accompanist fee (if applicable)
- copy of the music for the accompanist (if applicable – NOTE: applicants of the special Section – Violin don’t need to send music copies of their final round programme as the organisation have all the scores of the sonatas/concertos)
The application and accompanist fee must be made by bank transfer to:
Account: Musical Association ClassicAllMusic
Bank: Banca Valconca
Bank Address: Via Lucio Lando 31, 47921 Rimini
IBAN: IT71 O 0579224201CC0780001510 (PLEASE NOTE: the first O is the letter, and the second 0 is the number)
Code Swift: BPVMIT2R
Bank Fees: Applicants are responsible for paying all bank fees (TRANSFERWISE is a good way to avoid large bank fees for international payments)
N.B. In the payment reference, please put the participant’s name, section and category
For more information, please contact:
Associazione Musicale ClassicAllMusic
Mobile: +39 393 1228 116 (for Italian)
Mobile: +39 392 2445 659 (for English)
A signed application form implies full and unconditional acceptance of the rules and regulations